Full Stack Developer
Hi, my name is Víctor and I’m a pasionate full stack web developer.
I started my career doing PHP but swiftly (thank god) moved on to doing Rails and don’t plan to look back. For the last 2 years I have been lucky enough to work in Elixir and its wonderful web framework Phoenix.
As well as standard tools like the above I also enjoy using tools that might not commently be used in development. I.e Using google docs, google apps script and slack bots to automate things like staging environments or the management of a newsletter.
What is important for me
- Self organised teams.
- Remote friendly environment.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Use the right tools for the job.
- Continuous integration AND continuous deployment.
Worth to mention
- 2006: Created my first website VersosPerfectos which became the most complete hip-hop database in Spain.
- 2013: Became partner and CTO of Diacode where I led the engineering efforts for a dozen of projects, helping startups from Europe and US to develop and ship their products.
- 2016: Featured on Elixir Radar Issue 59.
I write less often that I would like but from time to time I manage to put together a bunch of words about programming related stuff.
Below you can find a list of posts I’ve written:
- Payload case conversion in Phoenix WebSockets
- Building a Slack serverless bot with Google Apps Script and Spreadsheets
- Building a simple chat using Phoenix Framework’s Presence and React
- We Have Open-Sourced VersosPerfectos
- Listing OpsWorks instances using a rake task
- How we improved our newsletter: a love story with Ember.js and Hubot
- Integración continua con Jenkins: Parte 2
- Integración continua con Jenkins: Parte 1